Thursday, January 3, 2013

The ultimate shopping guide for Bangkok!

Managed to move my lazy ass and start up on this post!

We went to quite a few places to shop:
1) MBK
2) Terminal 21
3) Night markets
4) Platinum Fashion Mall
5) Bonanza Mall (Opposite MBK building)

Out of all these malls, I highly recommend night markets, MBK and Bonanza Mall.

Being really money concious a miserly person who cares about my money, I would go there because its clothes are nice and cheap ^_^

Gonna show you my hauls:



TERMINAL 21
For Terminal 21, I bought a sheer sleeveless top. It was my first day there so I was desperate to buy something. Bought it for $16, I thought it was ok-ily priced since Singapore's prices are about the same. I kind of regretted buying it though, cox you can get tops like these HALF THE PRICE at other places!!! However, it's a nice piece and it's very easy to match with other bottoms!

Terminal 21 is a super duper mega big shopping centre with 9 storeys. And each floor has its own theme according to their country. Eg. Japanese floor sells Jap. clothes, Rome floor sells rome stuff etc. Kind of like your typical orchard shopping centre, extremely modern. Also quite posh, with hagen daz and other posh eateries HAHA.

The best part is the toilets are also decorated according to the theme! Cool right! Actually visited some of the floors JUST to see the toilets! Great camwhoring place lol!

Every level has its own theme!

 Yes, this is a japanese themed toilet.




Even the cubicles also jap. themed one.


London subway themed toilet

Cute cubicles again. *_*

I feel that the stuff at Terminal 21 is on the higher side compared to the other shopping centres. At least for me who is a typical tourist looking for cheap and good clothing. The clothes there are quite nice, but the price is quite expensive to me, be prepared to spend around $20 for MOST of the shops cox I think the clothes are shipped all they way from another country, and some of them are branded too! I saw a jap. shop selling Liz Lisa and other famous jap. brands O_O

If you are lucky you can find a store with cheap stuff lah, but quite rare if you ask me. And the cheap stuff full of 100 baht stuff are usually ugly. #justsaying. I think you are paying for the brand. If you like high quality stuff, you should go to terminal 21!

Buys:

Found in the japanese floor but doesn't look jap. O_O



MBK
MBK is also another massive shopping centre! There are many shops selling different items from food to beauty to clothing to electronics to furniture! Really a lot! I recommend you go to the directory and search for what you want, cox it's soooo big you may get lost there. I recommend you to go to the levels with many mini stalls! They don't really have any brand so it's much cheaper compared to the normal retail shops! What I recommend most are the t-shirts/tank tops! They have really cool designs that are cute, hipster-ish and also downright offensive ones -_-  Actually have a lot of offensive ones lolol. One of the t-shirts has a topless girl back facing and then giving the finger -_- which really annoyed because it's so irritating and also rude. I DON'T LIKE STUFF THAT ARE IN-YOUR-FACE Y'KNOW.

Plus if you buy stuff from the mini stalls right, you can bargain :D Depending on how nice the shop keeper is. You should bargain only if you think it's overpriced, cox some owners think they can make extra cash by overcharging foreigners! But pplease ah, don't bargain if the shirt is already less than $8, very cheapskate HAHA.

Owl and 7-11 tank top for $6 each. I've a feeling I won't wear the 7-11 one cox it looks hobo-ish -_-

Pink Esprit purse (Imitation) for $24 and purple purse for $14

Time for my interesting story of my bargaining experience lai lai lai!
Initially the esprit purse was priced about $40, which is bloody expensive. I bargained like some shit and then I pretended to leave. And then the guy said he'll chrge me $24 only ^_^ YAYYY. If you wonder why it's so expensive, it's made out of real leather and ALMOST the same as the real one, except it's not truly made by esprit, well cox it's not the true brand.

NIGHT MARKETS
Night markets are pretty amazing. There is a really great variety of clothes there, their clothes are mostly priced $8 and below, super duper cheap!

Denim cropped top for $6! CAN''T YOU BELIEVE IT THIS BEAUTY IS WORTH $6 *_* I have been looking for such a top since last month!

PLATINUM FASHION MALL
Another mega large mall (again.), I was told that the shops there were supplier shops to the other stall owners so they may sell stuff at a cheaper price. Saw many thais carrying ginomous bags/luggage bags to haul stuff.

I didn't find much great buys there.. Hmm.. Not really my taste plus it was not exactly cheap, must of them were $8.. Maybe it was an unlucky day wtf. Still managed to buy some stuff.


Skirt for $8, floral shorts for $8 :)

BONANZA MALL


I SWEAR I LOVED THIS MALL THE MOST! Really.
It's kind of like a mini bugis street, quite small mall, only 3 levels. But I swear its shops are really awesome! Just look at the number of shorts I bought there lol.
Purple and yellow shorts for $8 each, high waisted shorts for $11, spiky shorts for $11

Super love them!<3 However the purple shorts and yellow shorts were bloody tight, either because I'm too fat or smth. Kind of can see the cameltoe thing except without the camel shape. T_T Plus, THAT WAS A SIZE M WTF. And I felt that my butt was gonna be exposed god damnit. Starting to doubt what is my real size lol. But I think it should go well with crop tops and bikini tops (although I don't even own one)

Random, but when is it age appropriate to own a bikini? I know people in the west start wearing bikinis when they're quite young, but as conservative Asians, if you wear bikini to beach confirm get a lot of disapproving stares. And then people will call you slutty -_- I think people in Sg only start wearing them when they are 18 wtf.

The rest of the shorts are extremely comfortable and i super love them! I finally have a pair of high waisted shorts <3 Thank god that I didn't buy the ones at cotton on which cost freaking $34.95!

In case you didn't know, let me warn you, the sizes there are EXTREMELY SMALL. Cox the people at Bangkok are super skinny! For a person like me who wears a size XS at cotton on, can't fit into an S size in F21 and wears S for practically everything, I was shattered into s million pieces after I found out that I couldn't wear an S size in Bangkok FML x 10000. My butt (or hips) is a size 34-36 so yeah.

Random pics of me wearing the hauls :)


my waist looks small here hooray ^_^

Anyway, some final words of advice:

1) Don't be afraid to bargain, cox the customer is always right! Insist if you really want it, and then pretend to walk away if they refuse. Most owners will call you back cox they don't wanna lose any customers.

2)If you aren't sure of what size to wear, feel free to approach to owners, most of them are very friendly ^_^ Some of them will even help you measure! 

Omg finally I'm done I actually took a lot of effort to write this so proud of myself.

School is reopening so I won't be so active on my blog! :'(
  

No comments:

Post a Comment