Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Bangkok: FOOD!

I'll be dividing my Bangkok trip into 3 parts:
1)Food
2)Tourist attractions I visited (Only one wtf) and other random stuff
3) Buys

Probably uploading my hauls a bit later cox there's really quite a lot!

So I'll say that there was really good food in Bangkok, there are many hidden restaurants that seem mediocre but you'll never know unless you actually try them. There are many streets that have restaurants near our hotel (Novotel@Siam square) so you may wanna check them out!

Gonna be blogging about our dinners cox for breakfast we ate buffet breakfast and for lunch we mostly ate at food courts with not-so-good food quality.

If you're on a budget:
For food in Bangkok, food court food is super cheap there so if you're on a budget you may wanna have your meals there. Most of the basic meals like chicken rice are $2.70++, even cheaper than most food courts in Sg. I swear, it's super cheap! But let me warn you, the food quality is kind of horrible. It's decent, not that terrible tasting but its food is..meh. I bought a Japanese curry-don meal and was expecting something good but in the end, the curry was disgusting and watery, not like the thick ones I ate before. Oh well, what can you expect for $2.70 leh?
Oh and you have to top-up your card (can be purchased there) with money so that the stall owners won't be so busy returning you change.

If you're rushing for time: 
Eat fast food (duh.) There are many fast food outlets located. Prices are a bit cheaper than Singapore and start from $3 liddat.

If you don't belong to any of these two catagories above:
BE LIKE ME. Eat at restaurants. They are really nice :>

Day 1 Dinner:
Korean BBQ @ Arirang

Address: 212/30 4th, Sukhumvit Plaza, Sukhumvit soi, Soi Suk Chai, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Phone:+66 2 653 0177
Transit: BTS Asok Station


Food was really good there. I was about to die cox I was starving. They use charcoal for their BBQ so it's supposed to be authentic. I recommend you go there in big groups cox the portions are quite big.The best dishes, in my opinion, are the chicken and kimchi pancakes!


Kimchi stew. We actaully overordered cox we thought it was a small portion...

And then here cane the ginormous pot. Just look at the teapot on the top left hand corner and you can compare how big-ass that is. Plus, it's super spicy and I was huffing and puffing (Wtf) at the first sip. We ended up only finishing half(there were 4 of us). But I still found it nice as a fan of spicy food ^_^ Just ask for it to be less spicy when you order it!

ORDER IT ONLY IF YOU LOVE CHILLI. Even someone like me who can finish a whole packet of chilli sauce when eating chicken rice teared cox it was too hot while eating it. Don't say I didn't warn you!


 Day 2 Dinner: 
Ban Khun Mae Restaurant
458/6-9 Siam Square Soi 8, Rama 1 Road,
Patumwan District, Bangkok 10330

Their website is here so you can check out their menu!

It's located right opposite Novotel@Siam Square. It looks old and shabby on the outside, but when you go inside it's different. I think it should be a popular restaurant because I can see both locals and foreigners there, can be quite crowded during dinner time and we actually had to wait for a few mins before getting our table.
What's a Thai meal without a Coconut ^_^

Pandan chicken and Tomyam. Tomyam was a little bit too salty, but it was good. Pandan chicken was nice.

Pineapple rice. My absolute favourite dish evar! I'll always order pineapple rice when I eat Thai food. In case you didn't notice, it is served in a REAL pineapple. That mean's after you finish you can eat the pinaplle flesh lol.

Green curry. Average dish cox I don't ship green curry.


Seafood curry. Something like otah but squished up *_*

Some salad thingy. 

The prices there were affordable, most of them were around $10. Service was good too, and there was live Thai traditional music, so it's a must visit place ^_^


Day 3 Dinner:
Japanese dinner at Siam Paragon. I forgot the shop's name -_-
Let the pictures do the talking :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment