Sunday, December 2, 2012

How to get more likes on instagram.

Hey guise :)

Just got back from Bangkok and I'm back here in Singapore. Kind of miss Bangkok.. Will be blogging about it soon since I'm too lazy to connect the camera to the computer :P

So I finally found out how to get more likes on instagram! So happy wheeeee.
I have 141 followers on instagram but I'm struggling to get more than 10 likes. Pathetic right? Cox I think the photos of my life are too boring and no one gives a shit about them. By the way, I only post ORIGINAL pictures on my account, all of these photos are taken by me handphone camera, no tumblr quotes/posts. I mean if you want hipster/emo stuff, GO TO TUMBLR. Instagram is for personal stuff, thank you.

1) Get to know more about your followers
What do they like? What interests them? Most of my followers are schoolmates which are girls. Being girls, they like bimbotic stuff which are cute and pretty, so it's best to post those sort of stuff. Good ones will be like: Cute notebook covers, ootds (outfit of the day), cute nails, cute food (cookies, sweets), cute animals (pets), and cute girls (camwhore). Aiya basically everything nice! If you post some zombie picture it obviously won't get any likes cox it won't really interest your audience. If you really like zombies, you should just post them once a fortnight or something cox people will just get annoyed with your random spamming and unfollow you. JUST SAYING.

I think if you wanna get more likes, try to post things that YOU AND OTHERS can relate to.
If you don't bother about likes, just post the things YOU love. After all, it's your personal album, you can put whatever you like.

Real life example:
I posted this beautiful scenery of Bangkok
 
And got only 9 likes WTF. It's so pretty!!! Probably no one appreciates scenery:(

I posted a blurry picture of my nails:

Very bad quality picture. But I got 20 likes ^_^

Anything above 10 likes is good to me, if you wanna know what my standard is. Idk, my choir seniors just don't like my photos or smth. They hardly like them wtf. So redundant.

2)HASHTAGS!
Hashtags can attract people outside your followers. They get you noticed as some people are looking for a certain type of pictures. 
A few hashtags can make a difference. MILLIONS of people are searching for hashags every second so who knows, you may get random people's likes if you picture is appealing to them.
I recommend you put a maximum of 5 hashtags if not it'll look too despo LOL.
Btw, why do people tag #instahub? What is that? I'm laggy.
TAG SMARTLY. Tag some stuff that people normally search for. For a picture like my nails above, I would put #nailart #pink #flower #cute. See? It's that easy! Tag simple words. Don't tag too long like #prettyflowernails #ilovemynails. Maybe you can if you want, but not recommended.

 And one no-no that annoys me the most: TOO MANY FREAKIN HASHTAGS.
If you have more hashtags than likes, something is wrong .__.
I've seen people doing tags like:
#beach #water #bffs love #them #all #yay #happy
-_-
I mean I can understand the first 4 hashtags but what's with #them and #all? Makes no sense and absolutely redundant. No offence! 

3)Get a nice picture (duh.)
 This is the ultimate one. How do you expect people to like your picture if it isn't nice in the first place?

That's why I will never have the confidence to post a selca on my account. Cox I will just look like a retard in the sea of beauties out there and no one will like my photo. So embarrassing omg. If I had a pretty face I'll just post selcas like 1000 times a day :) I've seen my friends get 60 likes JUST FOR THEIR FACE.

Don't just post a picture of a sandwich or some crappything that isn't deserving of likes. Or even worse, post a picture of some unknown person that is not you. I don't mind pictures of Megan Fox on my timeline, but your cousin? Not interested.

What I would suggest is to maybe decorate it with stickers if you wanna make it more cute and pretty. You also can make it more interesting by putting different filters OTHER THAN those on instagram.
I recommend camera 360. Best variety of filters :)

And for selcas and ootds, if you're despo, EDIT/PHOTOSHOP IT. LOL. This is the best advice I can offer you.
For the face, cover all pimples, make your eyes look bigger and make your face thinner. See my guide to editing your face  here
For your body, idk lah LOL.  I never edit my ootds before -proud- Em best advice I can offer is make your waist smaller, make your butts and boobs bigger? Ok me and my shitty thoughts. Actually for ootds it's more about the clothes that you wear :) Personally I don't really care about your body as long as it's decent. The nice clothes will cover up for you. ^_^

Conclusion:
 This is just a guide that helped me to get likes, but I can't guarantee it will work on you cox it all depends on whether they all piece well together :)
And instagram is not about how many likes you get, it's also about sharing interesting stuff about your life that people will like ^_^

After finishing this guide I feel like a boss. I could even write my own book lol.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment